No one would ever question the popularity of storage units. Whether used for an overflow of stuff, as a repository for seldom-used items, or a temporary solution during a move or life transition, storage units come in handy in a variety of ways for people from all walks of life.
Below are some interesting tidbits about storage units and facilities.
- The United States boasts the most storage space of any civilized country on the planet. Compare the more than 49,000 storage facilities in America versus the 12,000 in Latin America, Europe, Canada, South America, Australia, and Japan combined!
- One out of every 10 Americans rents a storage unit.
- Almost 96% of Americans who rent a storage space do so for more than a year.
- In 1960, there were no storage facilities in the U.S. at all.
- Storage facilities are one of the fastest-growing industries, so much so that many economists label storage facilities “recession-resistant.”
- Self storage facilities in the United States have more than 170,000 employees, an average of 3.5 employees per facility.
For more information about storage facilities, check out this fact sheet provided by the Self Storage Association.
Walk in Closet, self storage in Randolph, provides the ideal solution to the problem of overcrowding. Whether it’s your business files, equipment and retail inventory, or furniture and belongings from your home, our self storage closets will accommodate you. Whatever the reason, Walk in Closet provides a safe, temperature-controlled, state-of-the-art storage facility to suit your individual needs. Call 781-885-3965 for more information! We’re located at 76 Pacella Park Drive, Randolph, MA.by